Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello! We are currently in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. This Thursday night, I had dinner at a small Japanese pasta restaurant (I don't want to call it Italian because it isn't!). After, I spent some time with some of university's students, and at the end of the day, I realized that Thursday was Thanksgiving day. In America, we have turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas and cranberries, corn, and etc. but Nobody in Japan celebrates Thanksgiving. That means no turkey! Come to think of it, I have never seen turkey in Japan yet. I think a couple of the other fellow exchange students had sushi for dinner and some others had rice and egg. I would feel sad for not eating turkey on Thanksgiving day, but this year, I hadn't even realized that turkey even existed! Probably because of all the other delicious food being made here :)

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment