Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Post!


Konnichiwa! First of all, I was surprised at the fact that Japan is so far away from America. I had always thought Japan was only a couple thousand miles away, but after our LAX flight departure, I had discovered I was very wrong! Nearly 6,000 miles and 11 hours later, we had all arrived to Japan. Upon arrival to our school, which took about 1 ½ hours, we had a crowd of students (Tokiwa students) standing at the entrance of the school, patiently waiting to help us move our luggage into our dormitories. I am now settled at the international exchange dormitory of the school's campus.



Three weeks into our exchange program and I’ve already encountered a countless number of kind people. Also, Tokiwa’s international exchange program staff is great because if I ever need help, they will be happy to assist. I think it is mainly because of them that this exchange program is so successful each and every year. I am looking forward to a great semester in Japan.



-James

No comments:

Post a Comment